Arduino Uno R3 is the most common arduino board.It’s the best board for learning embedded programming and prototyping.
Arduino Uno R3 now available in Kenya.
- Uno now uses an ATmega16U2 instead of the 8U2 found on the Uno
- Faster transfer rates and memory
- No drivers needed for Linux/mac
- The Uno R3 also adds SDA and SCL pins next to the AREF
- There are two new pins placed near the RESET pin. One is the IOREF that allow the shields to adapt to the voltage provided from the board. The other is a not connected and is reserved for future purposes
- The Uno R3 works with all existing shields but can adapt to new shields which use these additional pins.
- ATmega328 microcontroller
- Input voltage – 7-12V
- 14 Digital I/O Pins (6 PWM outputs)
- 6 Analog Inputs
- 32k Flash Memory
- 16Mhz Clock Speed
Note: The Arduino Uno R3 requires the Arduino 1.0 drivers folder in order to install properly on some computers. We have tested and confirmed that the R3 can be programmed in older versions of the IDE. However, the first time using the R3 on a new computer, you will need to have Arduino 1.0 installed on that machine. If you are interested in reading more about the changes to the IDE, check out the official Arduino 1.0 Release notes!