The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B has the same footprint and layout as the previous Model 2/B+ version, so will fit all Model 2/B+ items. However, the addition of a WiFi & Bluetooth Antenna has resulted in the ACT and PWR LEDs being moved to the opposite side of the SD card slot. Cases for the 2/B+ with LED light pipes will fit the new RPi 3, but the light pipes will not match up with the LEDs.
- SoC: Broad com BCM2837
- CPU: 4× ARM Cortex-A53, 1.2GHz
- GPU: Broad com VideoCore IV
- RAM: 1GB LPDDR2 (900 MHz.
- Networking: 10/100 Ethernet, 2.4GHz 802.11n wireless
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1 Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy
- Storage: micro SD
- GPIO: 40-pin header, populated
- Ports: HDMI, 3.5mm analogue audio-video jack, 4× USB 2.0, Ethernet, Camera Serial Interface (CSI), Display Serial Interface (DSI)