EEPROM 24C04 SMD
EEPROM (electrically erasable programmable read-only memory) is user-modifiable read-only memory (ROM) that can be erased and reprogrammed (written to) repeatedly through the application.
- The 24×04 are 4 Kbit electrically erasable programmable memories (EEPROM), organized as 2 blocks of 256 x8 bits.
- They are manufactured in STMicroelectronics’s Hi-Endurance Advanced CMOS technology which guarantees an endurance of one million erase/write cycles with a data retention of 40 years.
- Both Plastic Dual-in-Line and Plastic Small Outline packages are available.
- The memories are compatible with the I2C standard, two wire serial interface which uses a bi-directional data bus and serial clock.
- The memories carry a built-in 4 bit, unique device identification code (1010) corresponding to the I2C bus definition. This is used together with 2 chip enable inputs (E2, E1) so that up to 4 x 4K devices may be attached to the I2C bus and selected individually.
- The memories behave as a slave device in the I2C protocol with all memory operations synchronized by the serial clock. Read and write operations are initiated by a START condition generated by the bus master.
- The START condition is followed by a stream of 7 bits (identification code 1010), plus one read/write bit and terminated by an acknowledge bit.Features of 24C04
- 1 MILLION ERASE/WRITE CYCLES with
40 YEARS DATA RETENTION
SINGLE SUPPLY VOLTAGE:
– 3V to 5.5V for ST24x04 versions
– 2.5V to 5.5V for ST25x04 versions
- HARDWARE WRITE CONTROL VERSIONS: ST24W04 and ST25W04
- PROGRAMMABLE WRITE PROTECTION
- TWO WIRE SERIAL INTERFACE, FULLY I2C BUS COMPATIBLE
- BYTE and MULTIBYTE WRITE (up to 4 BYTES)
- PAGE WRITE (up to 8 BYTES)
- BYTE, RANDOM and SEQUENTIAL READ MODES
- SELF TIMED PROGRAMMING CYCLE
- AUTOMATIC ADDRESS INCREMENTING
- ENHANCED ESD/LATCH UP PERFORMANCES