Serial I2C LCD display adapter converts parallel based 16 x 2 character LCD display into a serial i2C LCD that can be controlled through just 2 wires. Adapter uses PCF8574 chip that serves as I/O expander that communicates with Arduino or any other microcontroller by using I2C protocol. A total of 8 LCD displays can be connected to the same two wire I2C bus with each board having a different address. The default i2C address is 0X27 and may be changed to any of the following 0X20~0X27 via soldering A0 A1 A2 pins.
meaning it frees up the much needed I/O ports of the arduino.
- 16 x 2 Character LCD display is controlled via just two wires
- Up to 8 LCD displays with adapters can be connected and controlled by the same two wire I2C bus
- Easy to control using Arduino board
- Compatible with 16 x 2 character LCD displays
- Adapter includes 16-PIN male header connector for soldering to LCD display
- Contrast is adjusted via onboard potentiometer
- Backlight may be turned on/off via jumper
- Standard 5V voltage supply