- This tiny little camera module can be a pretty neat project addition, it is just like our other JPEG cameras (same chipset/software), but much smaller and slimmer.
- It was designed to be used in security systems and does two main things – it outputs NTSC color video and can take snapshots of that video (in color) and transmit them over the TTL serial link.
- You can snap pictures at 640×480, 320×240 or 160×120 and they’re pre-compressed JPEG images which makes them nice and small and easy to store on an SD card. Perfect for a data-logging, security, or photography project.
- One nice thing about this particular camera is all the ‘extras’ that come with it.
- For example it has auto-white-balance, auto-brightness and auto-contrast taken care of for you as well as motion detection built in! That means you can have it alert your project when something moved in the frame.
- The lens is manually adjustable, it has a 1-15 meter focal distance by default which is good for most projects.
Note: We have these working great with classic Arduino UNOs (and other Atmega328-based ‘duinos) but they are not yet MEGA compatible
- Module size: 20mm x 28mm
- Module Weight: 3g
- Image sensor: CMOS 1/4 inch
- CMOS Pixels: 30M
- Pixel size: 5.6um*5.6um
- Manual focus adjustable from 5 to 15meters
- Output format: Standard JPEG
- White balance: Automatic
- Exposure: Automatic
- Gain: Automatic
- Shutter: Electronic rolling shutter
- SNR: 45DB
- Dynamic Range: 60DB
- Max analog gain: 16DB
- Frame speed: 640*480 30fps
- Scan mode: Progressive scan
- Viewing angle: 60 degrees
- Image size: VGA（640*480), QVGA（320*240), QQVGA（160*120）
- Baud rate: Default 38400
- Current draw: 75mA
- Operating voltage: DC +3-5V (the power pin is marked 3.3V but it goes into a 3-5V input regulator so you can power it with 3-5VDC)
- Communication: 3.3V TTL （Three wire TX, RX, GND）