- The ACS758 Current Sensor IC provides economical and precise solutions for AC or DC current sensing.
- Typical applications include motor control, load detection and management, power supply and DC-to-DC converter control, inverter control, and overcurrent fault detection.
- The device consists of a precision, low-offset linear Hall circuit with a copper conduction path located near the die.
- Applied current flowing through this copper conduction path generates a magnetic field which the Hall IC converts into a proportional voltage.
- Device accuracy is optimized through the close proximity of the magnetic signal to the Hall transducer.
- A precise, proportional output voltage is provided by the low-offset, chopper-stabilized BiCMOS Hall IC, which is programmed for accuracy at the factory.
- Industry-leading noise performance through proprietary amplifier and filter design techniques
- Integrated shield greatly reduces capacitive coupling from current conductor to die due to high dV/dt signals, and prevents offset drift in high-side, high voltage applications
- Total output error improvement through gain and offset trim over temperature
- Small package size, with easy mounting capability
- Monolithic Hall IC for high reliability
- Ultra-low power loss: 100 µΩ internal conductor resistance
- Galvanic isolation allows use in economical, high-side current sensing in high voltage systems
- AEC Q-100 qualified
- 3.0 to 5.5 V, single supply operation
- 120 kHz typical bandwidth
- 3 µs output rise time in response to step input current
- Output voltage proportional to AC or DC currents
- Factory-trimmed for accuracy
- Extremely stable output offset voltage
- Nearly zero magnetic hysteresis