BH1750FVI Is a Digital Light sensor , which is an digital Ambient Light Sensor IC for I2C bus interface. This IC is the most suitable to obtain the ambient light data for adjusting LCD and Keypad backlight power of Mobile phone. It is possible to detect wide range at High resolution.( 1 – 65535 lx ).
this sensor has some advantages such like :
1) Illuminance to Digital Converter
2) Wide range and High resolution. ( 1 – 65535 lx )
3) Low Current by power down function
4) 50Hz / 60Hz Light noise reject-function
5) I2C bus Interface ( f / s Mode Support )
6) No need any external parts
7) It is possible to select 2 type of I2C slave-address.
8) It is possible to detect min. 0.11 lx, max. 100000 lx by using this function
Illuminance is a measure of how much luminous flux is spread over a given area. One can think of luminous flux (measured in lumens) as a measure of the total “amount” of visible light present, and the illuminance as a measure of the intensity of illumination on a surface
Lumen : The unit for the quantity of light flowing from a source in any one second (the luminous power, or luminous flux) is called the lumen.
In our sensor we will take a reading from it in Lux which is equal to one lumen per square metre:
Lux = 1 Lm/m2 .
Click here for how to use it.