- The VCNL4010 sensor is a nice way to add a small-distance proximity sensor to your microcontroller project.
- The VCNL4010 is designed for much shorter distances, no more than 200mm (about 7.5″).
- It would be good for say detecting when a hand moved nearby, or before a robot smacks into a wall.
- The sensor also has an ambient light sensor built in.
- It is 5 volt compliant so you can use it with 3.3V or 5V logic with no risk of damage.
- There is an onboard 3.3V ultra low dropout regulator so you can power it with 3.3 to 5.0V.