AM2315 – ENCASED I2C TEMPERATURE/HUMIDITY SENSOR
- The AM2315 is a digital I2C humidity – temperature sensor that is mounted in a nice protective housing.
- This sensor contains a DS18B20 temperature sensor and a capacitive humidity sensor.
- A small microcontroller inside does the readings and provides a simple I2C interface for reading the finished & calibrated output data. Especially nice is that this sensor is in a rugged case with mounting bracket, which makes it way superior to a normal PCB-mounted sensor.
- While it is not rated as ‘weatherproof’, this sensor would do much better for sensing where there might be wind, rain, zombies, etc. than SHT PCB-breakout sensors, and the i2c interface makes it easier to interface with microcomputers that can’t do the delicate timing of the DHT sensors.
- Simply connect the red wire to 5V power, black to ground, yellow wire to your i2c data pin, and the white wire to the i2c clock pin. You cannot change the i2c address so only one sensor per i2c bus. Two ~10Kohm pullup resistors are required for use, connect from the SDA and SCL lines to the power wire, the pullup resistors are not included!