Soil Moisture Sensor with Interface Module
A simple water sensor that can be used to detect soil moisture.
- When the soil moisture module detects low moisture it outputs a high level.
- Sense level adjustable with small potentiometer.
- It has both analog and digital outputs using a LM393 comparator chip.
- Operating voltage 3.3V-5V
- power indicator (red) and digital output indicator (green)
The module is basically testing resistance between the input terminals. It can be used for sensing soil moisture, or can be a ‘raindrop’ detector if you make many close-together wires on an insulator.
Long-term stability as soil sensor will be better witn two stainless steel probes such as cooking skewers etc.